Generalist mentors are experienced entrepreneurs and business leaders with proven records of success in relevant cleantech industries or innovation-driven startups. Generalist mentors become a champion for their mentees, helping them:
- Build excellent business plans
- Gain customer discovery feedback
- Make strategic connections
- Fine-tune investor pitches
- Create strong employee teams
Tapping world-class expertise in key functional disciplines like finance, marketing, engineering, sustainability and legal is vital for entrepreneurial success. Specialist mentors are an elite group of subject matter experts acting as ongoing resources across a broad range of categories, including:
- Business plan development
- Sales/business development
- Manufacturing and supply chain management
- Financing, funding and investor pitching
- Accounting and tax preparation
- Marketing and public relations
- Export and foreign trade
- Team building and human resources
EXPECTATIONS AND TIME COMMITMENTS
Cascadia CleanTech Accelerator mentors are valued resources. On average, mentors spend two-to-four hours per month with their mentees over the course of the program (June through September). Longer relationships, however, are encouraged and often forged. Companies are following a structured 15-week program with deliverables providing a framework for mentorship.
Participating mentors receive:
- Networking opportunities with other mentors, judges and startup companies
- Discounted registration to the CleanTech Showcase on June 24, 2019
- Discounted registration to VertueLab Impact Summit on September 13, 2019
Mentors will not be asked to sign any contract, non-disclosure agreement or other legal document. Nor will mentors be asked to perform any work on behalf of their mentees. Mentors are volunteers, not consultants.
It is important that Cascadia CleanTech Accelerator companies trust their mentors as a partner. Mentors are expected to not pitch or solicit employment from their mentees during the six-month program.