About the Cascadia CleanTech Accelerator
Cascadia CleanTech Accelerator is designed specifically to accelerate early-stage cleantech startups based in or looking to do business in the Northwest. Applications are closed for 2023.
Powered by CleanTech Alliance and VertueLab, each Cascadia CleanTech startup receives:
- Mentorship. Match with cleantech industry mentors who have expertise tailored to your business needs. Mentors help with business planning, intellectual property protection, marketing, financing and more.
- Connections that make a difference. The CleanTech Alliance and VertueLab networks provide access to businesses, utilities, service providers and investors from across the region.
- Hands-on business and financing workshops. The workshops assist with business model creation, product development, market development and funding strategies.
- Customer discovery assistance. Get help connecting with potential partners and customers to hone your minimally viable product and go-to-market strategy.
- Visibility for your company and brand. Established CleanTech Alliance and VertueLab industry events, programs and marketing outreach provide top-level visibility with a targeted audience.
- Specialized cleantech skill-building. The curriculum is designed uniquely for cleantech companies, with lessons on cleantech funding pathways, manufacturing, and planning and marketing sustainability.
- Robust Modules. Curriculum modules include, Business Model Canvas, Sustainability, Introduction to Manufacturing, Financial Projects and Exit Strategy, Go-To-Market Strategy, HR Legal Compliance and Team Building, as well as, Pitch Deck Preparation and Practice. If your start up will be producing a physical product or is exploring impact funders and quantifying your environmental impact, this curriculum is for you.
- Additional Opportunities Post Graduation. Participating companies that complete the program are eligible additional resources and opportunities, such as prototyping funds and investment opportunites as they are available.
- NW Cleantech Innovation Network. Alumni and participating companies have access to an additional suite of resources funded through the Department of Energy Energy Program for Innovation Clusters (EPIC). Click here to learn more.
Program Schedule and Costs
The Cascadia CleanTech Accelerator program begins in late May and continues through mid September. There is no application fee. Participation fees are $500 per team and include:
- Full accelerator program participation for all members of your company.
- Two passes to the CleanTech Innovation Showcase in June.
- Two passes to VertueLab annual FUEL conference in September.
- Membership to the CleanTech Alliance for the duration of the accelerator plus the following calendar year ($600 value).
The Cascadia CleanTech Accelerator is a perfect opportunity to accelerate your business without giving up any equity or ownership. Because it’s non-dilutive, startups can take part as a standalone offering or as an add-on with other business accelerators or incubators. Applications are closed for 2023.
Up to two Canadian-based cleantech startups, if selected for the cohort, will have their participation fees waived thanks to a partnership with the Consulate General of Canada. Participation fees include event tickets for CleanTech Alliance’s CleanTech Innovation Showcase and VertueLab’s FUEL conference. Contact Rachelle Ames for more information and any questions.
Cascadia CleanTech Accelerator is designed for early-stage startup companies in the clean technology market. To participate, companies must:
- Be an incorporated company (or in the process of incorporating).
- Have a cleantech product or service, or be interested in serving the cleantech market.
- Have raised no more than $1 million in funding.
For additional information, contact: