About the Cascadia CleanTech Accelerator
Cascadia CleanTech Accelerator is designed specifically to accelerate early-stage cleantech startups. Applications for the 2019 cohort are now open. Please click here for the application page. Application for 2019 closed April 24, 2019. Please check our news page for the announcement of the 2019 cohort.
Powered by CleanTech Alliance and VertueLab, each Cascadia CleanTech startup receives:
- Mentorship. Match with cleantech industry mentors who have expertise tailored to your business needs. Mentors help with business planning, intellectual property protection, marketing, financing and more.
- Connections that make a difference. The CleanTech Alliance and VertueLab networks provide access to businesses, utilities, service providers and investors from across the region.
- Hands-on business and financing workshops. The workshops assist with business model creation, product development, market development and funding strategies.
- Customer discovery assistance. Get help connecting with potential partners and customers to hone your minimally viable product and go-to-market strategy.
- Visibility for your company and brand. Established CleanTech Alliance and VertueLab industry events, programs and marketing outreach provide top-level visibility with a targeted audience.
- Compete for non-dilutive funding. Accelerator teams will compete for cash (three prizes totaling $10,000 or more), in-kind prizes, and up to $25,000 for prototyping or proof of concept projects.
- Specialized cleantech skill-building. The curriculum is designed uniquely for cleantech companies, with lessons on cleantech funding pathways, manufacturing, and planning and marketing sustainability.
- New Modules. This year the Accelerator offers 2 new modules to the curriculum: Introduction to Manufacturing, and Sustainability. If your start up will be producing a physical product or is exploring impact funders and quantifying your environmental impact, this curriculum is for you.
Program Schedule and Costs
The Cascadia CleanTech Accelerator program begins in May and continues through September. There is no application fee. Participation fees are $775 per team and include:
- Full accelerator program participation for all members of your company.
- Two passes to the CleanTech Showcase in June.
- Two passes to VertueLab annual conference in September.
- Membership to the CleanTech Alliance.
The Cascadia CleanTech Accelerator is a perfect opportunity to accelerate your business without giving up any equity or ownership. Because it’s non-dilutive, startups can take part as a standalone offering or as an add-on with other business accelerators or incubators.
Cascadia CleanTech Accelerator is designed for early-stage startup companies in the clean technology market. To participate, companies must:
- Be an incorporated company (or in the process of incorporating).
- Have a cleantech product or service, or be interested in serving the cleantech market.
- Have raised no more than $1 million in funding.
Applications are closed for our 2019 cohort. Please check back in the fall of 2019 for the 2020 application.
For additional information, contact: